Swap on your old clothes

Been bored with your old clothes ? 
Don't you know that is our mother nature to look into something new to feel "excited" even though we have Gucci for F shake, we still going to feel bored after using it years and years (I take years cause it is mother F Gucci, but let's say how about your HnM sweater?)
Yes, you still can manage to become an environmentalist by not tossing your unwanted items but re-cycling into new ones! 
This terms is called "cloth swapping" 
Today is the my first ever doing cloth swapping, this is more exciting than I imagined! 
Thank to Fair Trade Collective Adelaide that organise this event




So how it is works girls? 

First of all you have to do is bring 5 until 7 items you no longer wanted or "no-sparks-joy" stuff in your wardrobe, this including your "I will wear this if I loose weight" or "I know this is my motivation cute little top to loose weight", no offence girls but we all do. 



You can bring your accessories, hats, belts, scraft and shoes (for me this is kinda pain in the ass cause I wear EUR 35.5 to 36 which in this case is not "common" for Australian) and make sure all of those items are still good, no holes etc. 
Bring it all to the person in charge and they will sorted it out for you
After everything ready, we can take up into 5-7 depends on how many items you bring, basically take what you had given or you can leave some gold coins if you take more
Now prepare to dig some gems and let's get started! 
PS: they provide a changing room and also nibbles, yeay!

I am an second hand shopper enthusiast, I can say 80% of my apparel and shoes is preloved collection, 

I can even remember the last time I bought something fresh from the store (not including underwear) 
I still keep into hygiene codes for something personal 

I used to travel for about 2 years since 2016 until 2018, I finding all of this gems cross over Australia but mostly in country town, I always make it time to visit Salvos store and Vinnies. 

Those leather jacket, corduroy pants, booty leg pants, handmade knit wear, cowboys boots and many more! 
For some special vintage shop they sell stuff from 70s, can even imagine someone grandmother used to wear that when they are teen?!

My best choice I have ever visit for vintage shop is in Phillip Island, Victoria. 

This unforgettable island was a gem paradise for those who looking into vintage items! I still remember i found Ralph Lauren blue stripes dress and I still regret it until now why I am not buying that! 
Not only being "friendly" with mother earth, doing second hand also give you pleasure for finding branded clothes with affordable prices, my list including:
- Rodd and gun sweater for only $15 
- A lot of Ralph Lauren shirt start from $10
- Kathmandu puffer jacket 8$ (this is in Kids section, but you know how you can fit into Australian Kids section?!)
- Ksubi jeans 5$ (Kids section sz 25)
- Many of Vans average start in 10$ (I have my classic black old skull vans for $5)
- Adidas ultra boost $15
- Nike and many sport shoes
- Birkenstock $15 
- Tonny Bianco shoes $10
and many more! 
So you feels exciting now shoppers?!

There is a lot of way for you to keep on re-cycling clothing either to donate into second hand or OP shop and join your near swap on market! 

I can wait to attend the next swap on event nearby, I'll post some more pics after this post for the next event. 

Happy shoppers!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment