Bulk store shopping KETO recipes

One of million things that makes me happy: bulk store grocery shopping!
Today i decided to visit a new bulk store The Source Bulk Foods in Mitcham, beside the regular one that I normally visit in Adelaide Central Market, this huge range of options start from: 
kitchen stuff (food: peanuts, flour, spices, chocolate, honey, tea, etc non-food: stainless steel container, jar, water bottle) to laundry stuff, what is even cool? 
They have machine to produce your own peanut butter! 


My favourite part is: a fruit covered in chocolate, they have from berries option to apricot, dark to milk chocolate. For sure I picked the dark one,
I tried strawberry dark chocolate, yum! I have stalked they website before I visit so I have certain list i wanna try,  I coming home with coconut sherred, organic coconut brown sugar, pasta, organic aluminium free, buckwheat, honey, apple cider vinegar, coconut flour and almond flour. (Hint: my next recipe low-carb bread)


As long as my dedicate to Keto Diet, I can say no to this cute colourful safari pasta! Can you imagine have elephants, lions, giraffe and hippopotamus in your bowl? I watched Girl Boss last night, she had a dinner pasta with butter, I might gonna try that tomorrow night.








Low-carb KETO DIET (with coconut and almond flour) bread recipe

Ingredients 

6 egg yolks
6 egg white
100 gr almond flour
50 gr coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (i used lemon juice instead)

Steps

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Carefully separate 6 eggs, placing the yolks in a large bowl and the the whites in a medium size bowl.
3. Place the 2 whole eggs in the large bowl with the yolks and add the oil. 4. Beat together with a fork or whisk until smooth.
4. Add the almond flour and coconut flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to the egg yolk mixture. Stir the mixture with a spatula until well incorporated and set aside.
5. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
6. Use a rubber spatula to transfer of the whipped egg whites to the almond mixture and gently fold the batter together.
7. Add the next of the whites to the batter and fold in until smooth.
8. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites just until the batter is smooth and no white streaks remain.
9. Line the bottom of an ungreased loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
10. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top has set and formed a golden crust.

Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes before running a thin knife along the inside of the pan to release the sides of the loaf. Gently un mold the loaf from the pan and remove the parchment paper on the bottom





Some of vegetable of the week, a friend of my sandwiches :

Red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, vintage cheese and turkey 
Also I bought lemons for morning detox

1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp of honey 
2 Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar 

Drink this in the morning while your stomach is empty, or if you want to before bed.
I slightly feel the difference in my appetite, by drink this I feel more "full" and sometimes I did not eat anything after and still "not looking for breakfast" for the next two hours.

I choose raw local honey from Gilbert's type: Yapunyah honey, QLD
and regular apple cider vinegar.






Another recipes for breakfast:

Coconut chia pudding

Ingredients

1 cup coconut almond milk
1/5 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup of cranberry 
1/3 cup of shredded coconut 
1 Tbsp honey for taste 

Steps 

Make sure to mix evenly between milk and chia seeds
Leave it over night or minimal 2 hours
Topper with shredded coconut, cranberry and honey

Sweet polenta porridge

Ingredients 

50gr polenta
1 cup coconut/almond/soy milk (I always used non-diary milk) 
brown sugar for taste 
toasted almond 
chia seeds
mix frozen berries

Steps

Stir it evenly with low heat: polenta and milk for 5 minutes until consistency become thicker
Serve warm with toasted almond, chia seeds, brown sugar and mix berries


Perfect breakie for Autumn days! 


Quick fact: frozen berries are have more antioxidant compared than fresh berries


No comments:

Post a Comment